The Barbados Accreditation Council (BAC) is the sole body responsible for the quality assurance and quality enhancement of post-secondary/tertiary education and training providers in Barbados. The BAC applies an objective evaluation methodology in quality assuring the post-secondary/tertiary education and training sector and, as such, we conduct our evaluation site visit and finalise our decisions with independent, skilled Peer Evaluators.
Peer evaluators will be required to objectively evaluate and make recommendations on the quality of post-secondary/tertiary education and training programmes and the overall operations of educational providers in alignment with international benchmarks, guidelines and standards/criteria, policies and procedures approved by the BAC.
The BAC, therefore, invites interested persons to submit expressions of their interest in becoming an external peer evaluator with the BAC.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s or other appropriate terminal degree from an accredited/recognised institution. Doctorate degree preferred.
- Individuals with other recognised expertise, skills or experience that is deemed comparable may be considered.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in postsecondary/tertiary education and/or training.
- Currently hold a full-time or part-time faculty/instructor or senior administrative/management position in a recognised/accredited postsecondary/tertiary level institution.
- Held a full-time or part-time faculty/instructor or senior administrative/management position in a recognised/accredited postsecondary/tertiary level institution.
- Understanding of and/or experience with accreditation standards, systems and processes.
For more information about the peer evaluator role, see Eligibility and Selection Criteria for Peer Evaluators here.
Interested persons are invited to submit your curriculum vitae and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “EXTERNAL EVALUATOR APPLICATION” no later than September 15, 2023:
Barbados Accreditation Council
The Phoenix Centre,
St Michael, BB11114
Please note that applicants not selected will not be acknowledged.