Quality for the BAC is the provision of effective and efficient services that are:
- geared towards the enhancement of post-secondary/tertiary education and training;
- fit for purpose, add value and exceed stakeholders’ expectations; and
- benchmarked against regional and international standards.
Quality for the BAC is guided by:
- a developmental approach;
- accountability to stakeholders;
- integrity of practise;
- excellence in service; and
- a commitment to national and regional development.
Quality for the BAC is demonstrated by:
- demand for non-mandatory services by its clients;
- respect of peers through mutual recognition;
- positive feedback from internal and external stakeholders; and
- efficiency, effectiveness and responsiveness.
The BAC perceives quality in institutions as:
- effective governance;
- clearly stated and appropriate mission;
- efficient and effective administration;
- qualified, competent and engaged faculty and staff;
- timely and customer-friendly services;
- relevant, current, well-documented and appropriately assessed programmes;
- established, documented, functional and well-managed quality assurance system;
- responsiveness to change;
- system for formative and summative evaluation and reform;
- a culture which embraces integrity and ethical conduct;
- prudent financial management;
- effective and diversified learning and teaching experiences;
- adequate and appropriate student services and support; and
committed and motivated students.