By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by the BAC’s website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download the materials (information or software) on the BAC’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- copy the materials for any purpose other than for personal use;
- modify the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
The materials on the BAC’s website are provided “as is”. The BAC makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, the Barbados Accreditation Council does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.4. Limitations
In no event shall the BAC or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the BAC’s website, even if the BAC or a BAC authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. By agreeing to use the materials of the BAC, you agree to these terms and conditions.5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the BAC’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The BAC does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. The BAC may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. The BAC does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.6. Links
Any claim relating to the Barbados Accreditation Council’s website shall be governed by the Laws of Barbados without regard to its conflict of law provisions.9. Refund Policy
This policy sets out the circumstances under which a refund shall be considered by the Barbados Accreditation Council “BAC” in relation to its Recognition Services.
Written Request for Refund or Cancellation of Service
Where the customer is seeking a refund or cancellation of a Recognition Service, the customer shall make his/her request for a refund or cancellation of a service via a letter addressed to the Executive Director.
No Longer Requires the Service
Where the customer no longer requires the service, the Council shall refund the applicant a portion of the Service Fee as follows:
|Application Stage – Application and Payment received at the Front Desk. Application logged and routed for necessary action.
|50% of Service fee is refunded
|Review Stage – Application and/or supporting documentation examined for completeness.
|25% of Service fee is refunded
|Investigation Stage – Research and analysis of findings completed. Report prepared and submitted for approval.
|No Refund is applicable at this stage
|Approval Stage – Findings approved and applicant notified of decision.
|No Refund is applicable at this stage
Request for Change of Service
Where the customer requires a change of service, the following actions shall be taken:
- The customer shall complete a ‘Change of Service’ Form (Form to be made available)
- The funds paid for the previously requested service shall be transferred to the new service upon notification to the Barbados Accreditation Council. Any difference in fee shall be paid by the applicant (in the case where the new service fee is more than the amount paid originally) or the difference in the fee amount refunded to the applicant by the Council (in the case where the new service fee is less than the amount paid originally) within five (5) working days.
Additional Documentation to complete Recognition Services
Where the information submitted by the applicant was insufficient to complete the Recognition service:
- The applicant shall be requested to submit the requisite documentation within three (3) months and where the requested documentation is not submitted within the timeframe there shall be No Refund.
- If within three (3) months, the applicant is unable to acquire the required information/documentation from the institution, the Council shall refund the applicant 25% of the Service Fee (application would be at the Review Stage) but not the Application Fee.