A provider seeking to register with the Council must complete and submit the registration form to:
The Executive Director
Barbados Accreditation Council
Suite 1, Buidling 1
Manor Lodge, Lodge Hill
St. Michael, BB14000
- All supporting documentation must be included with the registration form. Any unclear or incomplete response will delay the registration process.
- Additional material should be included if it will assist the Council in processing the registration form. Supplemental materials should be attached to the end of the registration form as appendices. Appendices should be properly labeled.
- Generally, supporting materials are required for each programme of study or course. The same procedures should be followed for re-registration. Additional reports or documentation may be required with the renewal registration, at the Council’s discretion.
Procedures for Registration of Medical Schools
Any provider (local or overseas)seeking to establish a medical school in Barbados and which does not have accreditation/recognition status in its home country/country of origin is expected to have received accredited status for its programme(s) from the Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and other Health Professions (CAAM-HP) before applying for registration with the BAC. The provider must also submit the following to the BAC:
- completed application for registration form; and
- Self Evaluation Report for registration based on the BAC’s guidelines.
All other requirements for registration established by the BAC will apply.