The Barbados Accreditation Council (BAC) is seeking to recruit competent and motivated persons to its team, as it seeks to promote a Quality Culture in Barbados’ tertiary educational sector. Successful applicants will be contracted for a period of two (2) years in the first instance.
Salary Scale: Z10-3
Brief Summary of Responsibilities
The successful candidate will report to the Executive Director. She/He is responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the Marketing and Communications Programme of the Council.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Mass Communications and not less than three (3) years’ relevant experience; or
- Not less than three (3) years’ relevant experience; and
- A degree; or
- A professional qualification in Communications
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills (including presentation skills)
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Sound research, analysis, and report writing skills
- Excellent time and task management skills
- Advanced Proficiency in the use of Information and Communications Technologies (e.g. Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Publisher or equivalent software programmes)
- Advanced Proficiency in the use of Social Media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- A customer-service oriented perspective
For the above-mentioned employment opportunity, the successful applicant will need to own a car or have access to a car to conduct the Council’s business. Travelling allowances will be payable in accordance with the prevailing travelling rates as determined by the Council.
Further details on the above-mentioned vacancies can be obtained from the Council’s website at www.bac.gov.bb or from its Secretariat or at telephone number 535-6740.
Applications accompanied by curriculum vitae and the names of two (2) referees should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or post by January 9, 2024 addressed to:
Barbados Accreditation Council
First Floor, The Phoenix Centre
St. Michael, BB11114
Only suitable applicants will be acknowledged.